Friday, November 18, 2011

Song #21 of 9999 - This Year's Love by David Gray

Song #21 of 9999

Title: This Year's Love
Artist: David Gray
Year: 2000
Album: White Ladder


I'm usually late to the party when it comes to mainstream pop. It was just two summers ago that I first heard this song. I was living in an apartment in Mount Joy, separated from my wife and pretty unhappy. I heard this song on some hipster television show, during one of the montages of pensive sadness. I didn't know who it was so I looked it up online, bought it immediately, learned it that night and sang it over and over for a few days. It's not the greatest song in the world and I'm still not that into David Gray's voice but every once in a while you hear the right song at the right time and it clicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment