Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Song #242 of 9999 - Breaking the Ice by Frankie Big Face

One more week of writing about my own music (as mentioned in my post of July 20) and then back to my normal blog! I think people are getting tired of this...
===================================================================== 

Song #242 of 9999 

Title: Breaking the Ice
Artist: Frankie Big Face
Year: 2012
Album: Nur Ein 7

Click here to listen!

Breaking the Ice is not a terribly interesting song. I was quite happy when I came up with the hook but I recognize now that it's kind of overused throughout the song and that the structure in general could have been tightened up. I think I could have shortened the chorus here and there or perhaps tried to come up with some alternate lyrics. The subject matter is pretty near and dear to my heart as I am terrible at starting conversations with strangers. I think the second verse is especially good at illustrating that concept. For this song, I had to employ a "significant use of shouting," which was kind of fun as I was given the opportunity to try on my best screamo hat. Otherwise, a pretty inconsequential song but a solid start to Nur Ein 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment